Here is the first update on the 2010 Philippine Blog Awards. More on the days to come.
Here are the categories for the 2010 Philippine Blog Awards. Nominations will start August 22, 2010.
Food & Beverage
Home and Parenting
Hobby & Recreation
Beauty & Fashion
Culture and Arts
Society, Politics and History
Science and Nature
Videocast and Podcast
SPECIAL AWARDS CATEGORIES
Best Blog Design
Top Three Post for 2010
Top Three Video Post and Podcast for 2010
Top Three Photo Post for 2010
Top Post for 2010
Further updates on this as the week progresses.
The 2010 Philippine Blog Awards will be held on three different dates and venues in Mindanao, Visayas and Luzon. This has been made possible with the partnership of the PBA with bloggers across the country the Awards Night will be held alongside the Visayan Blogging Summit in Iloilo City and the Mindanao Blogger Summit in Zamboanga City.
Further updates on this as the week and months progresses.
CONTEST : CREATE YOUR OWN MUSIC VIDEO ABOUT THE EU “Ang Aking Europa” (“My Europe”)
GUIDELINES FOR THE CONTEST:
1. WHO MAY JOIN:
The competition is open to all Filipinos, except for officers and staff of organisations and institutions implementing projects and programmes funded by the Delegation of the European Union to the Philippines. Staff of the EU Delegation, or of EU Member States’ Embassies or cultural institutes.
2. THEME :
Music video entries should address the theme “Aking Europa” (“My Europe”) taking into account participants’ perceptions of the role of the European Union in the Philippines.
References including video illustrations of the European Union in the Philippines are available here.
General information on the EU is available here.
In creating their music videos, participants should draw upon their own perceptions / impressions about the European Union and its role in the Philippines .
These impressions might for example be drawn from the following:
- What the EU is, what it means to you?
- The European Union’s bilateral relationship with the Philippines, for example through EU-funded co-operation programmes (eg in areas such as human rights, good governance, environment, health, peace-building, sustainable development), humanitarian assistance, trade and investment links, social or educational links, etc.
- The rich and shared cultural values linking the European Union and the Philippines, or the cultural heritage and legacy of the European Union in the Philippines. Music videos may also draw on past and current EU cultural activities in the Philippines, such as “Europe Month celebrations including events and activities attached to the celebrations, for example, “Lakbayin Natin ang EU”, EU Choral Competitions, “Bersong Euro-Pinoy”
Cine Europa, Amazing EU Christmas, Europe Ko To and and “Linggo de Lingua Europa 3″.
3. TECHNICAL AND LEGAL REQUIREMENTS:
a. Any format, camera and/or video editing or authoring software may be used. When selecting the system/s to use, participants must be aware of the need to produce a quality suitable for internet viewing.
b. The video must have a maximum total running time of two and a half minutes, including opening and closing credits.
c. The video must either be:
- uploaded in megaupload.com (free account) 1024 MB per file
- submitted to the Delegation of the European Union to the Philippines in CD format;
d. . The video must not contain materials (music, images, etc.) which have copyright restrictions, and all materials used must either be original or copyright-free. Any entries which breach this rule shall be automatically disqualified, and legal responsibility for any such breaches shall rest entirely with the person/s who submitted the entry.
e. A maximum of five entries per participant is allowed.
f. The video must not have been previously submitted to any video contest.
g. Participants must fill in a form which can be found here
4. SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES
The naming format should contain the following tag:
AkingEUTitleoftheMTVInitialsoftheauthor”, for example
Aking EU, EU at Ako, JS
Entries may be submitted to either of the following:
Others may submit, both video and details:
via snail mail or courier to
The Delegation of the European Union to the Philippines
30th Floor, Tower II
RCBC Plaza, 6819 Ayala Avenue
5. JUDGING AND CRITERIA
a. The Board of Judges will comprise respected film and music industry professionals as well as representatives from the academic sector, and officials of the Delegation of the European Union to the Philippines
b. Criteria for Judging:
- clarity in exposition / showing of EU role/s in the Philippines (20%)
- originality of interpretation of EU role/s, programme/s and/or involvement in the Philippines (25%)
- relevance of exposition / interpretation to theme “Aking Europa” (15%)
- creative choice of imagery / subjects / locations in exposition / interpretation (15%)
- technical quality (25%)
6. DEADLINE AND SCHEDULE:
a. All entries must be submitted on or before 12 noon, 15 October 2010:
7. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
a. The copyright to the music videos entered to the competition shall remain with the author, except that the Delegation of the European Union to the Philippines, and the European Commission, shall have the right to use any such material free of charge for a maximum of two years from the date of awarding.
b. Awarding of prizes will be accompanied by a special screening of the winning music videos.
c. Five winners will be chosen. Winners will each receive a trophy plus, in-kind prizes as follows:
First Prize € 1,000
Special Prize for Original Music Scoring € 800
Second Prize € 800
Third Prize € 600
d. The top 15 finalists will be notified one week prior to the awarding ceremony. Prizes not claimed within 30 days after the awarding ceremony shall be forfeited.
e. Copyright-free sources for music can, for example, be found at :
CDs featuring Romanian music are available on loan from the Delegation of the European Union to the Philippines through the courtesy of the Embassy of Romania
f. The Delegation of the European Union to the Philippines, and the European Commission, and their partners in this competition, can under no circumstances be held responsible for any failure of participants to observe their own obligations in relation to intellectual property rights.
Public Affairs Officer
Delegation of the European Union to the Philippines
Phone 8595124; Mobile 09209441371